The Project Leader is responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex materials projects for new products with minimal direction. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership over moderate to highly complex material projects and new product implementations. Provides direction, guidance and materials expertise to team members. Review work of all aspects of material flow concerning the project(s) including the team members involved.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned materials projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Communicates, both verbal and written, to assure all groups are working toward the goal of timely project completion. Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to materials and non-materials in multiple locations.
- Drive accuracy of data flow and fulfill cost, timing, reliability, and high volume material flow requirements.
- Analyze, evaluate and select from process alternatives to best meet specification objectives and implement processes into mass production.
- Accountable for materials elements of project execution including integration of complicated components and materials, packaging and safety, regulatory and standards compliance.
- Comply with all METCo procedures covering new product development and LEAN manufacturing principles related to processing and product flow.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance.
- Schedules, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Regularly makes presentations of project status.
- May occasionally recommend changes to existing standards and procedures.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
New Product Development
- Interacts extensively with NPD project leader and outside suppliers to achieve project goals.
- Makes component material or process recommendations.
- Provides input into the material flow processes.