Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Job Type: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 10/19/2020
Responsible for the planning, directing, controlling and coordinating of quality management systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive, plan, organize, schedule, coordinate and supervise areas of quality management systems as well as specific quality functions.
- Requires demonstrated technical leadership ability in working with engineers, departments, vendors, distributors/end users, sister companies, various private and governmental agencies.
- Educate and train others on quality principles. Provide guidance and assistance to other engineers, laboratory technicians and managers.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of direct reports, including pay administration, setting goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed. Provide performance feedback to cross functional team members for performance reviews.
- Maintain, improve and expand the Milwaukee Tool quality management systems in the manufacturing facilities.
- Plan, conduct and coordinate quality management system internal audits and process audits to ensure compliance to established procedures, instructions and industry practice and to measure the effectiveness of improvement efforts.
- Plan departmental objectives and activities towards achieving the results documented in the Company's vision, mission goals and objectives.
- Consult with plant managers and department heads on how and where to focus improvement efforts and aid in obtaining the resources and/or training required. This includes preparing and conducting or the supervision of the preparing and conducting of training in the use of quality tools, total quality, continuous improvement, statistical process control, process capability, design of experiments, quality function deployment or other techniques associated with the quality management systems.
- Assist with the development and revision of Quality Policies, Quality Procedures, Quality System Instructions, Engineering Standards and Work Instructions that govern the operations of the Quality Engineering Department and the Quality related activities of the manufacturing facility.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide corrective action system to measure and improve quality in areas where deficiencies have been identified.
- Prepare expense budgets for the department and control departmental expenditures to meet budget goals.
- Analyze the capital equipment needs and appropriate funds. This includes inspection, measuring and test equipment required for new products and processes as well as the upgrading of Milwaukee Tool's measurement capability.
- Perform detailed cost analysis and manage projects aimed at reducing costs of failure and increasing margins and productivity.
- Control and coordinate the application of product quality holds to adequately protect the customer from receiving sub-standard product while ensuring customers receive products in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain systems to analyze and report on the capabilities and performance of Milwaukee suppliers.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the product audit and metrology function to ensure product and component quality.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the testing and audit of product when transferred from one manufacturing location to another.
- Participate in the planning and assessment of quality functions at the manufacturing locations.