Senior Electronics Engineer - IoT R&D in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Electronics Engineer will lead the design of new products and features, responsible for firmware and hardware design, development, verification, documentation and release to market. This includes working in a team environment interacting with marketing, project leadership, mechanical engineering, and other electronics engineers to release a successful product.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics firmware and hardware for IoT applications while providing oversight and guidance to junior engineers.
- Work with marketing, project leadership, and product owners to add new IoT features for next generation power tools.
- Establish and execute test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CE, FCC and ANSI.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, power analyzers, and data acquisition systems.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of design related experience.
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy protocols and features and understanding power management and ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Proficiency and experience in C and C++.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.