Principal Firmware Test Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Principal Firmware Test Engineer will lead the design and implementation of testing of the embedded software systems. You will establish and execute test procedures, test plans and test cases for firmware applications and subsystems.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Interface with electronics hardware design team to review and refine engineering requirements for alignment to test plans.
- Lead agile project teams through the new product development process.
- Drive continuous improvement of test development.
- Ensure on-time delivery of firmware that meets all requirements by testing.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Effectively manage a technical team and provide technical guidance to achieve cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years of experience with embedded C/C++.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), hardware in the loop (HIL), unit testing, and structural testing methodologies.
- Knowledge and practical experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Skillful in developing bare-metal firmware designs.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets; Basic understanding of digital circuits and the interaction between firmware and electronics.
- Demonstrated ability to use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, e-loads, data acquisition systems.
- Experience with National Instrument hardware, Test Stand, and Labview in automated testing.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer reviews.
- Mentoring and leadership experience.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.