Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Electrical Designer will be a part of the PCB Design team and will play a role in the development of our power tool electronics. As a member of the PCB Design team you will learn to utilize Altium design tool at an expert level and how to apply this knowledge to printed circuit board layout.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Engineers & Senior Electrical Designers to design Printed Circuit Board Assemblies (PCBA) for AC & DC circuits in new and existing products.
- With guidance of other team members you will become proficient in PCB layout tasks such as: definition of PCBA dimensions based on system design constraints, circuit block arrangement (floor-planning), power and ground plane creation, component placement, and routing of signal nets to minimize cost and maximize design for manufacturability, reliability, thermal management, and test (DFx).
- Learn how to apply both general as well as project specific Design Rules and resolve DRC errors.
- Partner with a Sr. Electrical Designer to prepare and present PCB designs for technical review in compliance with Milwaukee Design Processes.
- Generate PCB document packages in compliance with Milwaukee standards.
- Work closely with PCB vendors to source prototypes from our design files (either 1-up or panelized) as required.
- Learn about and actively participate in component library maintenance including creation of component footprints, generation of schematic symbols, 3D models and entry of new parts in the Electronics CAD (ECAD) library.
- Gain proficiency in ECAD/MCAD file transfer & work with members of the mechanical design team to achieve excellence in system design and quality.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Basic understanding of electronics.
- Highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft business software.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Experience using PCB design software such as Altium Designer is a plus.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.