Analyst - Supply Planning in Greenwood, Indiana
The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for production planning in Milwaukee's repair hub. This role will work closely with key stakeholders in production, distribution, engineering, new product development, corporate supply chain, and counterparts in sister plants to ensure the plant has the right parts in the right place at the right time.
Balancing on-hand inventory and incoming supply with production demands, this role will maintain and improve the plant's throughput and on-time delivery performance by ensuring parts availability, and will also optimize inventory usage. The Supply Chain Analyst will provide input to the Supply Chain Planning organization to develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products including product life-cycle changes, and product end-of-life.
Critically, this role will be responsible for planning the new service center being built in Greenwood, IN. Initial activities will also include creating the inventory and logistics plans, executing the first load-in, and ensuring the plant is ready to produce on the launch date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set and maintain inventory levels for the service hub. Work with cross-functional groups to understand monthly averages, historical trends, capacity constraints, and the aging of products to plan min/max levels, ordering cadence, and safety stocks.
- Place and manage orders from the DC and 3rd party suppliers to support the production supply plan.
- Manage adjustments to plans as necessary within the ERP system, including changes to PO's, schedules, standard costing, etc.
- Communicate risks related to inventory planning and propose mitigation activities. Drive remediation to maximize plant throughput and minimize customer impact.
- Conduct regular transfer order reviews to optimize material flow between the DC and the service hub.
- Collaborate with the inventory group to optimize slotting, heat mapping, and overflow locations.
- Own the "hold for parts" shelf. Maintain reports and visibility and collaborate with production to minimize time on the shelf. Identify and drive transactional and systematic improvement opportunities.
New Product Development
- Set up and maintain stocking strategies for service parts and tools as new products are rolled out to the business.
- Collaborate with new product development counterparts to ensure we are ready to service at product launch. Own and sign off when parts are available to support service ready guidelines.
- Work within the plant to ensure appropriate slotting procedures are met and new product aligns with current warehousing strategies.
Excess / Obsolete / End of Life
- Understand the unique nature of service part excess and obsolescence. Collaborating with corporate and supply chain counterparts, monitor end of life, slow-moving, and obsolete inventory and drive improvements to achieve inventory goals.
- Coordinate with production and other counterparts to satisfy customers who send tools we cannot repair due to obsolescence.
- Collaborate with cross-functional counterparts to effectively disposition excess materials.
- Own and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including fill rates, cycle counts, inventory turns, excess and obsolete inventory, location ties, and production schedules.
- Work cross-functionally within the plant to maintain inventory discrepancies between WMS and ERP systems and to root cause problems.
- Seek to improve all aspects of the inventory management function by reviewing current processes. Recommend and present improvements to leadership by designing, producing, and analyzing logistics and supply chain metrics.
- Develop reports as needed to support the business and drive continuous improvement.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in the fields of Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management, or other related fields.
- At least 2 years' experience in a production or inventory planning role. Planning in a Service environment is strongly preferred.
- APICS CPIM, CSCP is strongly preferred.
- Experience using ERP and WMS systems. Microsoft Dynamics AX, High Jump, and Microsoft Power BI are strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, especially Excel. Advanced computer literacy, including SQL queries and Excel analytical functions, is strongly preferred.
- Experienced with shipping and receiving processes, logistics, and supply chain management
- Occasional travel (less than 10%).
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.