Chief Engineer - Battery Systems in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. Our fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Chief Engineer will build and establish a new team to design and architect large-scale battery and charger systems, platforms, and products. You will also lead collaboration and negotiations with marketing, engineering, and operations to build and execute a market disrupting vision.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Build, lead, and manage a world class team of cross functional engineers and project managers to deliver new-to-world solutions.
- Lead the core product design activities including system requirements, architecture definition, test traceability, reusability strategies, and identification of simulation/technology needs.
- Establish and maintain a strong awareness and database of competitive offerings, product strategies, and business climate to shape a best-in-class roadmap.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down, and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization's needs.
- Champion and drive new processes and procedures to meet the needs of a changing business.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in battery and charger system design or related work.
- 5+ years of technical leadership and supervisory experience.
- Strong understanding of Li-Ion battery system design, test methods, controls, and architectures.
- High proficiency in systems engineering concepts and applying to real world products.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and international).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MBA, or a related field.â€¯
- Strong knowledge in power electronics and embedded system designs.
- Familiarity with firmware design and model-based engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with mechanical design and thermal management concepts.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.