Sourcing Manager - Technical Textiles in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of and reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager of a Milwaukee Tool Business Unit, primary duties are to support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies related to New Product Development and ongoing supplier relationship management. Scope for this position includes purchased finished cut and sew goods and outsource tools but also can include textiles (greige, trims, etc.), tooling, capital equipment, and services. Develop and execute cost reduction plans to meet or exceed stated objectives. Own supplier relationships including negotiations, business awards, contracting (including development agreements), scorecards, risk mitigation, and problem resolution (capacity/cost/quality).
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute global sourcing strategies for assigned Product Categories. Develop and execute prioritized plans to implement the strategies
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts, both domestic and international.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the sourcing and procurement of the category from New Product Development through steady state support. Work closely with suppliers and internal customers from planning & bid preparation to budget/forecasting, general delivery specs, negotiation, contracting, invoicing, reporting and scorecarding.
- Actively participate in new product development projects and proactively coordinate the procurement activities involved within each stage of the New Product Development process
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and/or understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Develop into a Procurement Subject Matter Expert with an understanding of the relevant manufacturing processes, capabilities and capacities both at Milwaukee Tool and the suppliers, knowledge of materials, applications and industry trends.
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Evaluate existing sources for technical and manufacturing capabilities, quality systems, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and responsiveness
- Manage supplier relationship management including communicating risks/opportunities with cross functional teams. Make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs and materials to reduce costs and supply risks
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials and services. Implement and manage long term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery and total cost
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies and rectify other related problems, as needed
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering or quality assurance desirable. MBA a plus
- Five or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles with global supply chain management responsibilities
- Strategic sourcing experience with textiles, cut/sew suppliers, raw materials, engineered components, and finished goods. Knowledge of global textile industry along with associated manufacturing processes desirable
- Must exhibit strong negotiating skills and demonstrate proven success negotiating, implementing and managing supply contracts include (Joint) Development Agreements and Supply Agreements
- International sourcing/supply chain development a plus
- Strategic sourcing experience with capital equipment, tooling, and other indirect spend categories desirable
- Seeking an aggressive, determined individual with excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%)