Materials Planning Supervisor in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 1/28/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Operations
Date Posted: 1/28/2021
Milwaukee Tool has a rare opening for a Materials Planning Supervisor, in Brookfield, WI! This key role will support materials, product flow, and scheduling.
Milwaukee Tool offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria as well as a state-of-the-art fitness facility!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling correct product for all manufacturing lines throughout multiple facilities.
- Ensures that the correct supply of materials is on-hand in the plant areas to meet production goals via using tools such as but not limited to AX and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Provide schedule for the movement of material to meet production goals along with escalation of any potential risk scenarios.
- Maintain and update reorder points in AX for packaging materials, vendor managed inventory, spare parts, and KANBAN items
- Preform regular visual inspection of inventory levels to supplement cycle counting program
- Inform proper personnel of material shortage or shipment delays
- Interface with all accessory business unit supply/demand teams to coordinate manufacturing schedule for production
- Monitor outstanding purchase orders and contact the vendor when purchase orders are past due.
- Create and support inventory control methods, policies, and procedures
- Develop and implement best practices that will ensure the collection and appropriate dissemination of accurate and detailed inventory reporting
- Works with the entire organization to lead and develop inventory strategies, continuous improvement, and to adopt best practices relating to inventory control
- Develop cycle counting schedules that meet selected criteria, such as target cycle frequency by category, dollar value of inventory counted, and other goals that may be developed from time to time.
- Uses AX to create and maintain production and transfer orders to other operations facilities.
- Supervise material handler(s) daily activities to ensure material transfers, packing and shipping, and required counts are met daily.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate's Degree or equivalent of two years' progressive work experience required
- Plus, minimum of two (2) years of materials experience including material flow, min/max inventory management, scheduling/planning in a production environment, and placing purchase orders is required
- Previous supervisory, or team lead, experience is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge and use of ERP or inventory system required
- Daily use and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically, Microsoft Excel required