Intern - Manufacturing Engineering in Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Empire Level, a Division of Milwaukee Tool, continues to grow significantly! We are committed to bringing new products that drive disruptive innovation in the layout and measurement industry. Empire Level is in need of engineering interns to support the quality department initiatives.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Intern, you would work with regular direction and guidance from a Sr. Engineer. The primary duty is to utilize entry level engineering skills to contribute to manufacturing improvements in both existing manufacturing processes and new products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in updating and document control for critical process documentation (work instructions, packaging standards, cosmetic criteria, etc)
- Develop operator in-process quality checks for various processes
- Quality Inspection and Data Analysis as needed
- Perform measurement system analysis and analyze results
- Assist in developing action plans and perform root cause analysis for scrap and quality issues
- Implement Visual factory tools (6S, shadow boards, Kanban,flow racks, etc)
- Conduct time studies on machines and operators as needed. Perform line balancing and staffing analysis. Establish manufacturing standard time values & routings.
- Assist in development of plant operational metrics to communicate shop performance (OEE, OTD, 5S, Scrap %, etc)
- Analyze and improve plant material flow and cell layouts
- Participate in capital equipment install projectsAssist manufacturing engineers in tasks and assignments related to new product launch
- Other duties as assigned