Senior Project Engineer - Advanced Engineering and Technology in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
Our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously implements disruptive technologies that deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Project Engineer will be a member of the Advanced Engineering and Technology (AET) team in the Power Tool Accessories business unit at Milwaukee Tool. This team is the trusted research and knowledge bank that accelerates and delivers technological disruptive innovation. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for providing Project Leadership and Technology development to various new technology areas.
Our ideal candidate would be a hands-on self-starter, who can take ownership of several medium to high complexity projects in early research and development.
You will be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and/or support early research and investigations into new technologies (Joining Technologies, Additive Manufacturing, Advanced Materials Science/Development, AI/ML, etc.), industry trends, and processes, via start-up companies, university research, and our department technology strategy.
- Provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation of projects. Includes presenting project status to a diverse audience ranging from peers to executive teams.
- Pursue new technology and partners through tradeshows, seminars, courses, training, etc.
- Work as part of a technology development team responsible for rapidly researching, designing and integrating new technologies through proof of concepts and machine builds.
- Leverage your hands-on approach and aptitude to support physical testing and potential implementations.
What TOOLS you will bring with you:
- Project management expertise including creation of timelines, budgets, meeting agendas, and other project management tools that drive team accountability.
- Technology experience in various material joining systems (laser, resistance, brazing, etc.) and advanced material development for new applications.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and a hands-on mentality to support new equipment fabrication, assembly, testing, and commissioning.
- Create, perform, and support development of test & measurement tools/processes
- BS Engineering and/or Equivalent Professional Experience (3-6 year Minimum).
Other TOOLS we prefer you have:
- Perform data analysis in support of test design, Design of Experiments (DOE), and test and measurement.
- Support and partner with our legal department in developing and protecting our technology.
- Experience in Vision systems, data acquisition for IoT/IIoT activities, and Additive Mfg. Technologies
- Possess the ability to create part and assembly drawings for new developments/components (NX / SolidWorks / Ansys experience).
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International)
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.
Department Vision: Be the trusted research and knowledge bank that accelerates and delivers technological disruptive innovation.
Department Mission: Discover and develop new technology, materials, and processes without constraints of current product design or manufacturing limitations to empower future product development.