Sr Manager Talent Development in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Date Posted: 1/16/2021
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Human Resources
Date Posted: 1/16/2021
The Senior Manager Talent Development is instrumental in executing Milwaukee Tool's leadership or employee development strategy through design, facilitation, coaching and leading. This position reports to the Director of Talent Development.
What does a great Sr Manager Talent Development look like?
This individual will have exceptional assessment skills to work with organization leadership to continually add and enhance development offerings. Consulting, partnering and collaboration will be a daily occurrence as decisions are made and programs built or vetted. Highly skilled and confident, the Sr Manager Talent Development must be able to design, develop and facilitate programs or vet them from external sources. Our Sr Manager Talent Development will have the flexibility to not only lead in a classroom or virtual setting, but also coach. This individual will often find themselves coaching those at higher levels in the organization. Success also includes the ability to control and guide a dynamic team session that includes all levels of individual contributors and managers.
You will excite us if:
You are passionate and energetic. You enjoy working on numerous things at once and at a very quick pace. You build collaborative relationships across the organization and are a key influencer and trusted advisor in your role.
What's in it for you?
Milwaukee Tool has been recognized as one of Glassdoor's Top Places to Work! We offer a chance to truly make a difference in a fast paced, innovative environment. You can help us disrupt the industry we compete in!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with Milwaukee Tool Leadership, to create strategic development offerings aligned with strategic priorities and needs.
- Design, develop and deliver development solutions and programs using both traditional and e-learning methods.
- Provide dynamic facilitation of classroom-based trainings through the application of a variety of instructional techniques such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, and lectures. Improve managerial effectiveness, increase employee satisfaction and retention, and drive organizational performance through participant engagement and accountability.
- Support the transfer of classroom learning through individual coaching, design of real-world, business-specific applications and identification of potential digital job aids.
- Coach Milwaukee Tool leaders or employees at all levels to increase interpersonal and team effectiveness.
- Manage projects and processes requiring strong multi-tasking abilities, and influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Psychology, or related field required.
- Minimum ten years' experience in leadership or employee development and organizational development.
- Experience coaching people managers as well as managing own staff.
- Demonstrated success in the design, creation and delivery of development programs and products.
- Superior oral, written, internal or external consulting and classroom facilitation skills.
- Strong business acumen: problem solving, critical thinking, and leadership in business
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, time- critical, rapidly changing environment with minimal daily oversight.
- Results driven and deadline orientated.
- Ability to develop and nurture productive business relationships, and influence key stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willing to travel (limited).