IT Analyst - Data and Analytics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
IT Analyst -- Data and Analytics
Milwaukee Tool is looking for an IT Analyst to support and drive data and analytics needs of our business. We are looking for someone who will elicit and document business and technical requirements by working closely with both business partners and technical engineers. They will be self-driven, with the right mix of technical acumen and analysis skills to successfully deliver in Milwaukee Tool's fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with business and IT peers to understand data requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate into actionable and detailed user stories for the Data and Analytics team.
- Gather, facilitate, and distill wide business requirements into narrow more specific technical requirements, in partnership with Database Engineers, Database Administrators, and BI engineers.
- Assist or conduct solution assessment and validation to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs.
- Facilitate prioritization conversations across business partners to ensure development focus that delivers business value.
- Create a streamlined communication channel with business partners on expected delivery dates, risks, issues, and successes as the execution of their requests and projects are in flight.
- QA of user stories to ensure that the needs and requirements of the business were met.
- Foster collaboration across teams to achieve optimized solutions.
- Ensure the support of best practices laid out by the Data and Analytics team.
- Actively participate and contribute to scrum ceremonies.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- Experience with relational databases and familiarity with data movement.
- Experience with translating business requirements into technical requirements with a mindset of data movement and data reporting.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, etc.).
- Experience with building out user stories in the data space.
- Familiarity with cloud solutions (preference in Azure).
- Passionate about solving business problems with technology.
- Flexible enough to work through ambiguity and bring clarity in a fast pace environment where change is constant.
Education and Experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in business analysis / product ownership in the data and analytics space.
- Experience working with various areas of a business to understand their data needs (e.g. Supply Chain, Marketing, Engineering, etc.).
- Experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated track record in understanding and documenting business requirements and working with development teams to deliver upon business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.