Senior Business Intelligence Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer. We are looking for someone that is detail-oriented, passionate, and has a keen business sense which is coupled with an entrepreneurial attitude.
A successful candidate will combine strong technical abilities with leadership skills to deliver business value in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment. They will be self-driven, capable of effective collaborate with different technical and non-technical stakeholders, an experienced mentor, a steward of best practices, and seek to deliver successfully against high operational standards.
- Create and build robust data intelligence solutions to support end user's analysis and decision making across multiple business verticals. This includes both end-to-end architecting and business solutioning as it relates to BI tooling.
- Work with the end users to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into an effective systems and mechanisms to generate ongoing, regular insights to inform business development/management.
- Effectively communicate and interact with business and technical personnel in solving complex data related business and technical problems in partnership with Data Engineers and IT Business Analysts.
- Monitor business intelligence eco-system and identify opportunities to make enhancements. Provide ongoing support for all current BI projects and provide status updates to management as needed.
- Ensure BI processes run and complete on a timely basis to ensure business continuity.
Adhere to timelines and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Promote a data culture.
- Expert with data visualization (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Python/R, Looker, etc.) with experience in designing and delivering cross functional custom reporting solutions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Ability to ensure data accuracy and data integrity by proactively identifying problems/issues.
- Cloud Experience preferred (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
- Change agent promoting
Education & Business Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence, or related field with a demonstrable track record in developing data intelligence solutions that are correct, stable, and high performing; provide business value; and use resources efficiently (e.g. system hardware, data storage, query optimization, cloud infrastructure, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.