Ensures that internal floor and lab resources are managed and applied daily to meet or exceed area business goals and drives improvement of people, resources, standards and systems.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for ensuring manufacturing operations are operating under a state of good manufacturing practices (GMP). Supervise the daily activities of quality exempt personnel involved in in-process monitoring, testing/sampling, metrology and metallurgical quality testing methods & evaluation and routine release of products manufactured at the Greenwood. In addition, when quality-related issues arise, the incumbent will support under the direction of the SR. Quality Engineering to investigate, document, and help drive corrective actions to assure these are managed effectively. Support and or drive, development of quality system programs on existing serial and new projects to ensure compliance, track and manage investigations per procedures. This individual must also effectively communicate in all directions, as part of this leadership role. This role reports to the Sr Quality Engineer whom reports to the Quality Manager.
General and Task Management
- Supervise quality inspectors in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide direct supervision during the Quality Floor and Lab Technicians during day shift and in addition to the off shifts.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and develop employees to perform in-process monitoring of production processes related to Intravenous Solution manufacture.
- Monitor manufacturing processes and personnel to assure compliance with Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and GMP requirements. Pursues resolution of issues and problems as they arise.
- Interfaces with Operations, Materials Management, Engineering, and other various departments to resolve questions and/or determine if exception reports are needed. Assist in the identification and resolution of potential manufacturing problems.
- Conducts part quality investigations as needed.
- Update Standard Operating Procedures as necessary and to address continuous improvement opportunities.
- Provide training and conduct verification assessments to ensure adequate maintenance of quality systems and processes and manage projects to ensure completions within the required time schedule as required per quality systems.
- Prepare investigation reports/data as requested.
- Responsible for developing and executing goals and work plan for area responsibility. Maintain productivity reports.
- Ensures quality through testing and inspection at various stages of production process and helps compile and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability.
- Supports batch record reviews, authoring re-inspection plans, and provide quality oversight during re-inspections to assure samples are within specification limits.
- Partner with manufacturing to track and trend metrics and assist with continuous improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Lead and/or support groups of floor and lab technicians
- Provide guidance to other team members
- Train both team and broader organization members
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
- Support Communication that is efficient throughout the shop floor and with own and customer's management
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Is self-aware
- Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
Skills & Attributes:
- Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
- Work independently and is reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision
- Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of Quality Management and Senior Leadership.
- Knowledge of quality systems and measurement
- Be able to establish solid relationships and exhibit leadership where needed
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Team working skills
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred
- Membership of an industry related Professional Body would be advantageous
- Experience of working in Quality Assurance preferred
- Competency in a manufacturing testing and metallurgical testing lab environment preferred