Capital Equipment - Sourcing Manager in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Sourcing Manager -- Capital Equipment
Under the direction of and reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager of a Milwaukee Tool, primary duties are to support the development and implementation of sourcing strategies related to capital equipment purchases to support product development, testing and North American operational facilities.
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, drive alignment and execute internal and external strategies for supporting purchases of Capital Equipment.
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts, both domestic and international
- Work closely with suppliers and internal customers from planning & bid preparation to budget/forecasting, general delivery specs, negotiation, contracting, invoicing, reporting and scorecarding.
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms
- Proactively coordinate the supplier selection and qualification process. Influential in driving projects to completion to achieve aggressive time lines
- Build partnerships with internal stakeholders to gather and/or understand the requirements of their procurement needs; facilitate communication between business units, internal stakeholders, and suppliers
- Develop subject matter expertise in the relevant manufacturing processes, capabilities and capacities both at Milwaukee Tool and the suppliers, knowledge of materials, applications and industry trends
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations
- Evaluate existing and future sources for technical and manufacturing capabilities, quality systems, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and responsiveness
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Supply Chain/Logistics, Business, Engineering, Finance, or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering or quality assurance desirable. MBA a plus
- Five or more years sourcing or related experience, including proven capability in identification, negotiation and monitoring of key partnership and/or Joint Developments
- Must exhibit strong negotiating skills and demonstrate proven success negotiating, implementing and managing supply contracts
- Seeking an aggressive, determined individual with excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills are required
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%)