As a Cell Engineer at Milwaukee Tool, you will be working in a fast-paced environment to create disruptive new products in a cross-functional team. You will be working with some of the leading battery suppliers. You will utilize a state-of-the-art laboratory enabling you to be hands-on with the products you are creating. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed, go from concept to production and into the hands of a professional within a period of months.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available, and sometimes required. Milwaukee Tool has a global footprint with product design & manufacturing locations spanning the US, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, validate and analyze lithium-ion cell components, assemblies, and specifications by working with vendors.
- Collaborate to define the critical cell process parameters and inspection methods to resolve manufacturing process issues.
- Test cells and batteries for performance, impedance, cycle life and failure modes.
- Write test procedures for the operation of cell/battery testers (Arbin and Maccor).
- Characterize and validate lithium-ion cell materials (active materials, additives, electrodes, separators, electrolytes, etc.).
- Work in interdisciplinary teams of EEs and MEs to help design and validate new battery products.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors or Master's Degree of Science in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related field of equivalent practical experience.
- Experience and knowledge of working with Lithium ion batteries is required.
- Experience with using SEM/EDS, TGA/DSC, GC-MS, XRD, EIS, glovebox, cycle life testers and abuse testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging battery chemistries and cell manufacturing processes preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with passion for hands-on product development.