Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and have an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Project teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis fabrics, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Apparel Project Leader will be responsible for providing project management, leadership and technical direction for a variety of complex garment development projects. You will oversee day-today activities of cross-functional project team members to ensure all groups are working toward the goal of successful and timely project completion.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Lead ground up development projects for the Jobsite Apparel business including Heated Gear and Work Wear product categories
- Project leader that owns and drives project to meet objectives while balancing cost, schedule and performance
- Identify, assess and recommend new global suppliers based on scope of the project
- Lead supplier development and relationships including negotiating best cost, schedules and aligning with product development objectives
- Maintain an awareness of competitive offerings and the general business climate in the apparel industry
- Manage innovative studies to develop new fabrics and trims with prototyping iterations and hands on research oversight
- Oversee and assemble complex schedules that involve different levels of prototyping in our in house apparel design lab all the way through to mass production with our various suppliers around the world
- Report out project metrics, (cost, schedule, performance to organization and executive team)
- Lead cross-functionally with diverse skill sets and all facets of the organization to deliver successful projects
- Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to management and organization
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans
- Conduct design reviews as needed to gain necessary approvals for platform development phase progressions
- Regularly schedule, develop agendas, facilitate, present project status and document project meetings
- Engages manufacturing facilities and outside suppliers as needed to achieve project goals
- Make recommendations to update processes, existing standards and/or procedures as needed
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- 5+ years of apparel product development leadership experience in a global environment
- Project management experience in an apparel industry is required
- Understanding of fabric and trim development processes and timing
- Understanding of basic garment construction cost drivers, such as cutting optimization, sewing processes and general construction cost drivers
- General understanding of garment tariff cost drivers
- Experience transitioning products from design into a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience reporting out project status to executives and rest of organization.
- Experience collaborating with, coordinating, and building relationships with 3rd party manufacturing and global supply base partners
- Experience negotiating cost with manufacturers
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Formal project management training
- Highly transparent, high integrity, accountable leader
- Strong organization to track project status and coordinate with cross functional team
- Strong written and verbal communication to all levels of the organization
- Self-starter, able to lead with minimal direction, motivated by building organizational capacity
- Comfortable in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Ability to identify issues or threats, communicate, build plans, and execute
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.