Quality Tech 1 - 2nd Shift in Greenwood, Mississippi
The Repair/Recon Quality Technician is responsible for following procedures to ensure part and material conformance per specifications utilizing safety standards as required. The Repair/Recon Quality Technician will demonstrate expert knowledge in multiple disciplines including but not limited to Metrology, Receiving Inspection, Auditing, Warranty Analysis, and Tool Repair process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate lab equipment, tools, presses and gauges properly, following all safety requirements in the work area
- Set up and operate gauges to accurately inspect material and parts, measure tolerances and dimensions of parts per specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance as required
- Manage recordkeeping and update records on system, maintain receiving files and records
- Inspect all incoming material and parts per quality specifications after department receipt
- Perform workplace audits with documented results
- Perform Process Control Plan audits when required
- Daily inspect all quality scrap repair parts from tech benches
- Maintain quality collection list (collect, box, ship, track, etc.)
- Control scrapped or rejected parts until disposition is determined
- Prepare batteries for recycling once they have been evaluated
- Evaluate failed batteries and track data for Quality team
- Conduct troubleshooting training for techs on all new sku's
- Perform and track RBR tool functional reviews
- Take appropriate corrective action for continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction
- Know and practice the 5 S's for industrial housekeeping
- Test, Inspect, and identify Milwaukee Tool products that do not adhere to Quality standards
- Ability to Identify symptoms of broken or non-conforming parts and investigate root cause.
- Troubleshoot issues mechanical in nature to help identify root causes
- Test and measure mechanical assemblies and components
- Collect and communicate data through a variety of software and user interfaces including MS Excel, Quality Management (HQMS) and other Database data entry.
- Proficient at reading, comprehending, and executing actions of work instructions.
- Understand and utilize Technical Problem-Solving methods to work through problems or issues.
- Operate lab equipment and gages properly and adhere to all safety requirements in the work area.
- Support Lab Cleanliness and Housekeeping
- Perform support activities of the Quality/Reliability team as needed
- Repetitive motion
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School or GED diploma required
- Associate's Degree with a technical focus (CAD, Construction Mgmt., Eng. Tech, etc.) preferred
- Technical certification is preferred
- Quality assurance or quality control experience required
- Vendor/supplier relations experience helpful
- Computer experience required
- Experience using SPC techniques helpful
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Ability to perform work per instructions in a timely manner and with limited supervision