Under the direction of and reporting to the head of Design Research, primary duties are to establish and maintain a research community of engaged users in key target cities across the country to assist with coordinating field visits and prototype validation. This position will involve a high level of collaboration with both internal co-workers and external users to enhance and streamline the Design Research process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain an up-to-date database of opted-in users and sites to deliver effective discovery research and prototype validation.
- Work closely with Design Researchers to identify and schedule potential end users for targeted discovery and validation research. This will involve determining which sites and research participants are best suited to deliver on specific project objectives.
- Manage cadence of jobsite visits to avoid burnout with key research participants and sites.
- Recruit new research partners as needed for projects both in our traditional trades and new to Milwaukee Tool (e.g., remodelers, service technicians, concrete workers, etc.). This will involve walking onto jobsites, cold calls, and networking with trade organizations and other research participants.
- Coordinate with members of our Sales team when appropriate to schedule and plan regional site visits.
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events to recruit new users and build key relationships.
- Propose and implement creative approaches to maintaining a "community" feel to encourage participation and build an insider mindset with our users.
- Recommend and implement appropriate incentive guidelines for site visits and user partnerships.
- Develop standardized approach to building user panels for research on specific projects.
- You are comfortable walking onto commercial & residential jobsites and introducing yourself
- You like meeting new people and forming strong relationships comes naturally to you
- You are well-organized and can keep track of multiple projects at once
- You are flexible and able to quickly pivot your approach when circumstances change
- You are persistent
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You understand and believe in the importance of the user in the product development process
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and conducting Internet searches
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a 4-year Bachelor's degree or technical experience in the trades
- 2-3 years' experience in or around the construction industry
- Experience in Sales or Customer Service a plus
- Able to travel 50-60% of the time