Project Engineer - Operations in Brookfield, Wisconsin
At Milwaukee Tool (Milwaukee), we strive for operational excellence to deliver best-in-class products that exceed the needs of our end users. We achieve this by cultivating a culture to hire, reward, mentor and grow 'Exceptional People.'
As a Project Engineer within Operations, your primary focus would be to the support of Milwaukee's Accessory products. In this role, you would report directly to the Operations Program Manager. You will be utilizing your engineering skills and project management ability to support new product development (NPD) launches as well as value engineering (VE). Project types include execution of design changes, derivative product releases and general maintenance of existing products. In addition, you will work directly with manufacturing cells to improve processes and reduce costs through machine improvements, capacity projects, and DFMA design changes.
Milwaukee Electric Tool offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria as well as a state-of-the-art fitness facility!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead 3-4 small to medium scale engineering projects for NPD, VE & derivative products. Provide engineering support on high complexity projects, as needed.
- Create project schedules, resource plans and facilitate and document project meetings.
- Track project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines; keep team and management informed of project issues. Identify and mitigate project risks. Escalate as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with Quality & Reliability, Engineering, Sourcing, Finance, Supply and Demand, Marketing, and other departments.
- Communicate technical details, ideas, and concepts to engineers and non-engineers in multiple locations. Lead formal project technical reviews and participate in management reviews for assigned projects.
- Evaluate product design relative to material selection, cost, reliability and manufacturability and offer improvement ideas. Make component, material, or process recommendations.
- Lead manufacturing process related feasibility studies.
- Interact with operation, quality and suppliers to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Establish test regimens for components and assemblies with the project team. Develop, write and analyze test requests with the Milwaukee Tool Test Laboratory.
- Establish machine run-off specifications with input from the project team.
- Serve as a technical resource to troubleshoot problems with manufacturing teams and suppliers.
- Regularly visit the production sites and suppliers to maintain open lines of communication and provide opportunity/troubleshooting analysis as required.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant working experience.
- Strong technical understanding of multiple manufacturing and assembly processes and possible design/manufacturing hurdles that must be overcome to manufacture product.
- Ability to travel internationally & domestically as required (10%-25% travel).
- Computer aided design skills are a significant advantage but not required; including Unigraphics (NX8.5) or similar 3D CAD package. Experience with Teamcenter a plus.
- Experience with ERP systems and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) desired - Microsoft Dynamics AX and HighJump a plus