Sr. Electrical Engineering Technician in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of heavy-duty, portable electric power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide.
Since its founding in 1924, Milwaukee has focused on a single vision: To produce the best heavy-duty electric power tools and accessories available to the professional user. Today, the Milwaukee name stands for the highest quality, most durable and most reliable professional tools money can buy.
Milwaukee continues to set industry standards, targeting professional tool users of all types with a product line that includes more than 500 tools, 3,500 accessories and 200 hand tools. Throughout its history, Milwaukee's commitment to quality has remained steadfast. Quality is instilled using state-of-the-art technologies and sophisticated manufacturing techniques.
Day in the Life
As an Sr. Eng. Lab Tech for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarters in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of the core motors team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. You will be involved in the test and development of products well before they are released to the public.
An average day may consist of creating and executing various tests. Overall management of lab supplies, and equipment is always in process. You will work very closely with the engineering team to deliver new product and assist root cause analysis and test creation. Design and development tasks are encouraged, and often creation of a new test or process is required. Daily tasks may include use of dyno equipment, soldering stations, creation or use of press fixtures, general tool assembly/disassembly, and overall lab management and maintenance duties.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support new product design teams through test development, data analysis, and competitor benchmarking. Provide feedback to engineering about testing requirements.
- Perform root cause failure analysis of test failures.
- Provide advice for improving current testing methods.
- Act as technical resource to other departments to address and resolve test issues.
- Setup and maintain test fixtures and equipment
- Exercise responsibility for thoroughness, timeliness and accuracy of work performed.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Maintain test procedures and equipment according to departmental procedures.
- Create documentation of test fixtures, theory of operation, and specifications.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design.
- Perform tests per work instructions and request procedures.
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations.
- Maintain test equipment in good working order and in calibration.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis.
- Assembly of motors, tools, and various electronic assemblies.
- Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Technology Related Associates Degree Preferred
- 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Familiarity with dynamometer systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, and other basic test equipment required.
- Proficient in basic soldering
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
- Experience with programming languages such as NX, CAD, LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C, is a plus.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
- Familiar with theory and operation of BLDC, PMDC, and Universal motors preferred.
- Have a good understanding of motor controls, lithium battery technology, vibration, and sound analysis.