Milwaukee Tool is seeking an experienced Product Manager to help drive innovation and strategic direction for the portfolio of One-Key connected devices. We're on a mission to shape the future of projects in the built world, delivering solutions in our IoT platform that eliminate the hassle of construction. Doing this allows contractors to become more efficient, creative, and safe. To accomplish this, we need a Product Manager who can advocate for our users to develop, design, and launch new products that help improve the overall One-Key experience. We operate with a startup mentality and are seeking someone who can thrive in an environment that is continuously growing and changing. You will be instrumental in shaping the vision, defining the roadmap, and driving the execution of new-to-world products. Our device strategy is to delight our users while advancing our mission to eliminate downtime on construction sites.
Your primary responsibility will be the development and execution of new connected One-Key devices. You will be creating technology that helps us drive the industry forward.
- Work closely with engineering and product design, building viable products that can scale while delighting our customers.
- Develop our short and long term connected device strategy, define and execute against a clear product roadmap to increase critical metrics for success.
- Partner with the software team to develop seamlessly integrated hardware-software experiences across the product line
- Develop a comprehensive commercial plan to support all new product launches with a full strategy through every step of the purchase process.
- Seek out users of One-Key, planning and taking research trips to meet them on their turf, understand their needs and applications, and serve as the voice of the customer for our development team.
- Own your category by acting as the internal and external focal point for the resolution of product issues within the product lineup
- Conducting market research and competitive analysis through data collection from numerous sources including the web, competitive literature, trade journals, trade associations and industry data, internal sales data and financial reports
- Support events such as hardware shows, trade shows, and user consultations, serving as our voice to communicate the vision and benefit of our program.
Construction technology is evolving every day. This opportunity requires a product leader with a proven track record of creating and executing a shared vision by building consensus on roadmap priorities that help meet our organizational goals. An ideal candidate is data-driven and an excellent communicator who can work well across different functions of business, from engineering to marketing. Steadfastly keeping the user at the center of all decisions is critical for this role.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in product management for consumer durable goods with demonstrated success in new product launches and lifecycle campaigns.
- Must be self-organized, a person who will is thrilled by the challenge of an autonomous environment and empowered to advocate a strategy to Milwaukee Tool's senior leadership
- Position requires excellent analytic, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Willingness to travel 25-30% of the time.
- Proficiency in PC skills including MS Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel)
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related area, MS/MBA or equivalent desired