Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 10/17/2019
Defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support new product design teams through test development, data analysis, and competitor benchmarking.
- Use robust statistical methods to interpret performance data and make formal recommendations to product design teams.
- Review and thoroughly understand product functional and design specifications
- Develop test requirements per specifications during design phase of new products. Prepare efficient test procedures from test specifications.
- Establish and execute schedules associated with test processes.
- Support product marketing by exploring extremes in product performance to highlight competitive advantage.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports; manage documentation control systems.
- Develop, specify and coordinate the build of test fixtures.
- Maintain test procedures and equipment according to departmental procedures.
- Create documentation of test fixtures, theory of operation, and specifications.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Act as technical resource to other departments to address and resolve test issues.
- Management of direct reports, including pay administration, setting goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed. Provide performance feedback to cross functional team members for performance reviews.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Use Design of Experiments (DOE) analytical techniques.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an engineering lab environment with supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical methods.
- Must possess knowledge of engineering materials used in power tools and power tool accessories along with a familiarity of the mechanical properties of these materials.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills