Controller - Mexico Operations in Torreon, Coahuila
Finance Manager - Mexico
Responsible for the accounting operations of the Mexican Plant to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with both Tti and Mexican Financial Principles and Mexican Generally Accepted Accounting Practices. Incumbent will have seven to ten years' experience in a similar role in a Mexico -IMMEX type company and experience leading international teams.
This position is located in Torreon, Mexico. Please submit your resume in English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and coordinates financial functions to include: accounting operations, accounts payable in Mexico and abroad, general and cost accounting, compliance and financial reporting;
- Oversee, monitor and, as required, participate in most or all the following accounting functions (participation in these functions could include but not be limited to (a) serving as the primary person assigned to a specific task; (b) reviewing the work of others; and (c) serving as backup for specific tasks):
- Daily accounting operations processes, including daily reconciliations.
- Monthly accounting close process, including analytical review of monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained and appropriate items are brought to the attention of senior management timely.
- General accounting processes including inventory assets machine and equipment assets, fixed assets, accruals, prepaids and property taxes; includes overall responsibility for and management of the general ledger.
- Monthly reconciliation process, ensuring that reconciliations are performed timely, balances are appropriately stated, and that items are cleared in a timely manner consistent with TTi policies.
- Management, (regulatory including Payroll, Social Security -IMMS, Customs and financial reporting processes), including internal and external reporting on a monthly, quarterly, annual and as-needed basis.
- Taxes (including but not limited to federal income taxes in Mexico) and certain tax reporting requirements -- VAT Value added tax, Maquiladora PTU (Profit Sharing), Safe Harbor and Transferring Price.
- Establish, maintain, train and develop the staff required to accomplish the department's goals and objectives with excellence.
- Create and implement accounting policies to ensure International and Mexican regulatory compliance.
Finance Manager - Requirements and Qualifications
- Accounting Bachelor's degree required. -- Mexican CPA status
- Seven to ten years of Financial experience in an IMMEX -Maquiladora setting required
- Current or previous experience in a Financial Manager role in a large (500+ employee) manufacturing plant.
- Experience interacting with Government institutions.
- Start-up Plant experience.
- Must have strong analytical and technical accounting skills;
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to organize data and to perform, review and clearly explain independent analyses.
- Must have advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel knowledge and be able to use and create pivot tables and v-lookups;
- Must have attention to detail and excellent judgment and use of discretion.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set and adjust priorities;
- Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure and have the initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements;
- Must be able to rely on expertise, knowledge and common sense to manage tasks that have a broad and direct impact on business;
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates superior professionalism and integrity, good business judgment, a positive action-oriented attitude, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to pass background and credit screening process.
- Bi-lingual candidate required. Spanish and English.