Under the direction of and reporting to the Senior Sourcing Manager, primary duties are to source, components, complex assemblies and tooling as directed balancing the required quality, cost, lead time, and terms to support various New Product Development (NPD, Cost Reduction, and Supply Improvement projects.
This position requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics and confidentiality. Tasks and projects that address broader organization-wide issues outside of the procurement department may be assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the building of long-term commercial relationships with strategic suppliers while delivering to the business metrics.
- Actively participate in New Product Development projects and manage the purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product qualification and introduction. Influential in driving task completion to achieve aggressive time lines
- Prepare and execute RFP/RFQ's and analyze quotations and bids. Conduct, analyze, and share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost; drive best overall cost and commercial terms
- Conduct research on market dynamics, cost drivers, supplier business models, and historical spend to enhance negotiations for assigned categories and contracts
- Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Communicate opportunities with cross functional teams and make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs and materials to reduce costs
- Support the development, review, and approval of supplier selection criterion. Communicate supplier selection decisions to impacted associates and stakeholders
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts, both domestic and international
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials and services. Implement and manage long term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery and total cost
- Provide ongoing vendor management support in the form of Forecasts, Purchase Orders, Invoice and Quality problem resolution, and related issues. Monitor and analyze Supplier capacity, global demand and vendor quality
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies and rectify other related problems as assigned
- Must understand applicable manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications and industry trends
- Monitor and analyze materials inventories, global demand and vendor quality.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering or quality assurance desirable
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role
- Must exhibit strong negotiating skills and demonstrate proven success negotiating, implementing and managing complex supply contracts
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, analytical, and presentation skills are necessary
- Seeking an aggressive, determined individual with excellent organizational skills
- International sourcing/supply chain experience a plus
- Willingness to travel
- Internship/Co-Op experiences in purchasing, manufacturing or related experience a plus
- ISM and/or APICS certification a plus