Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 1/9/2020
The primary responsibility for the Designer 2 will be to design creative CAD models using Unigraphics or Solidworks for our Battery & Chargers team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create CAD models using Unigraphics or Solidworks incorporating complex surfacing.
- Prepare layouts and basic design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
- Support Engineers in analysis, research, and solution of low to moderate technical problems
- Work from general specifications to create original layouts of all products, including complex products.
- Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
- Make detail drawings and/or CAD models of components and subassemblies.
- Perform basic dimensioning and tolerancing calculations that may include assemblies with two or more parts and/or where moving parts must not interfere with fixed parts.
- Understand geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
- Perform some testing requiring little or no instrumentation.
- From general information prepare drawings, product BOM's and Change Notices for release and/or change distribution.
- Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information; this may require use of some simple instrumentation or measuring devices.
- Provide recommendations to Engineers and/or other functional representatives.
- Actively participate in project team meetings.
- Provide CAD guidance to other Engineering staff.
- Technical Associate Degree and/or a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing computer modeling
- Advanced CAD skills and Advanced mechanical design skills required and the ability and passion to develop creative design solutions.
- Requires prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools.
- Must understand the application of Milwaukee products.
- Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Strong mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions.