Senior Reliability Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Reliability Engineer's primary duties are to utilize advanced level engineering skills to contribute to the development and qualification of power tool products. The Senior
Reliability Engineer is a critical member of the New Product Development Team reporting to the Director, Quality & Reliability. Throughout a product's development cycle, this position requires strong cross-functional communication skills and analytical expertise to help launch new and exciting solutions that meet user needs. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as subject matter expert on project team for new product designs and engineering changes with respect to product reliability, user requirements and warranty information
- Participate in User Need Research to identify "critical to quality" (CtQ) requirements on mechanical and electrical design features
- Support Advanced Engineering activities targeted at CtQ needs
- Collaborate with Engineering and Marketing to define the products' specifications with respect to all aspects of reliability, quality and testing
- Design experiment techniques to improve development efforts
- Lead Risk Assessments (Design and Manufacturing) for new product development projects during the product development cycle
- Interact with US and Asian suppliers that participate in product development
- Track multiple projects simultaneously to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee Tool process.
- Develop test plans and procedures based on new or established products, to ensure products meet customer requirements
- Ensure test laboratories implement test plans/procedures and best practices
- Analyze, draw conclusions, report and present product information utilizing statistical techniques such as Weibull analysis, reliability distributions/matrices and reliability models.
- Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis
- Ensure timely failure reporting and lead root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventative actions (FRACA)
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field and 2 years of experience in similar reliability and quality roles and working with lithium ion battery technology, failure mechanisms, aging/degradation mechanisms and electrical modeling techniques; or Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field and 5 years of experience in similar reliability and quality roles and working with lithium ion battery technology, failure mechanisms, aging/degradation mechanisms and electrical modeling techniques.
- Experience must include:
- New product commercialization processes emphasizing design, manufacturing, quality, test or reliability activities
- Training in quality engineering fundamentals and proven experience leading a primary function within a project team
- Design of Experiments, life data analysis, and other related statistical tools and software (i.e. Minitab, Reliasoft)
- Ability to travel 5% domestically and 10% internationally