The Quality Director is responsible for Advanced Quality Engineering, manufacturing quality, Quality Operating System, Supplier Quality and Warranty /Customer Quality, in the PRC. The position holder will focus on:
- Implementing strategic direction for Reliability & Quality Engineering
- Driving products quality through continuous improvement and consistency initiatives supporting business growth, brand guidelines and annual goals
- Developing improved system / metrics and scorecards for identifying, tracking and reporting progress, issues, opportunities, etc. to ensure quality system is effectively operating to meet quality KPIs & secure our brand image/reputation.
- Proactively support NPD Process in metrology, fixturing /gauging, quality controls and capabilities verifications prior to Engineering Builds of sample products
- Collaborate with US and coordinate PRC corrective action system to insure timely root cause analysis and effective corrective/preventive action, including modifying methodologies
- Ensure that all products and processes and associated documentation comply with requirements over the lifecycle of programs, products and services to achieve on--time delivery, and 100% mission success
- Drive through collaborations with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing all necessary processes & systems for assessing, selecting and developing Component & Finished Products Suppliers to ensure the quality of incoming materials
- Set and drive goals to achieve continuous improvements to: Outgoing Quality Control at Suppliers for Materials, Components & Outsourced Products; Incoming Quality Control, In-Process Quality Control & Outgoing Quality Control
- Lead Team in continuous improvements for framework and systems related to conducting process capability studies, performing statistical process control, conducting gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies and gauge calibration
- Monitor, trend, report, and drive performance towards China and global goals and objectives using key metrics and communications to achieve desired results and behaviors.
- Drives adherence to rigorous and disciplined processes and deploys effective quality functions and best practices to achieve product performance across all programs, products, and the supply chain.
- Supervises research, development and revisions to Quality Policies, Procedures, System Instructions, Engineering Standards and Work Instructions that govern the operations of the Quality Engineering Department and Quality-related activities of the Corporate Office, manufacturing facilities and distribution center
- Ensure that manufacturing processes, equipment, facilities and systems are validated and that a robust Change/Control system and procedures are developed to meet Clients customer requirements.
- Responsible for managing the overall quality organization including staffing, performance reviews, succession plans, empowerment, motivation, safety, and career/skills development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or above in engineering, quality management or related field
- Minimum 12-years work experience in quality management in durable product manufacturing environment including minimum of four years as Quality Leader in international large & complex organization
- International working experience especially in US
- Fluent English both in oral & written
- Familiar with steel materials, heat-treatment; machining and stamping, molding, casting, electronics and final assembly process is an advantage.
- Tools (especially power tools) experience is preferred
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills with strong influence capability
- Proactive, drive for excellence, curious, solid doer, pragmatic & result oriented
- Strong people management skills: team spirit development, team capability development & motivation