Shipping/Receiving Clerk in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for verifying, loading and unloading both incoming and outgoing shipments.
Additionally, the Shipping and Receiving Clerk moves, stores and distributes materials throughout the facility, and processes all paperwork associated with these shipments within and outside of the Imperial ERP system. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
This job description lists major areas of responsibility and additional job activities may be added at any time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, load and unload incoming receipts and outgoing shipments utilizing various material handling equipment
- Ensure incoming and outgoing materials are properly identified and accounted
- Create associated paperwork (ie: Bill of Landing, packing lists and other shipment documents)
- Accurately input, verify, and process paperwork for incoming receipts and outgoing shipments in the ERP system (domestic and international)
- Verify Transfer Tags for accuracy before wrapping and loading skids
- Receive and distribute all incoming materials and packages, consolidating SKUs to best utilize space without jeopardizing safety and quality
- Document and track incoming Kanban shipments
- Safely operate a variety of material handling equipment. Complete daily checklist for forklift equipment
- Cross train and back up co-workers as required
Education, Skills, and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have the ability to read/write, add and subtract whole numbers, and basic math skills using fractions, decimals, and whole numbers
- 6 months experience in shipping and receiving (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
- Forklift certification required
- Basic computer skills required
- Able to work in a fast-paced working environment and react to change effectively