Material Handler - 2nd Shift in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
This position is located at Imperial Blades in Sun Prairie. Hours for this position are Monday - Thursday 2pm - 12:30am.
Purpose of the Position:
The Materials Handler oversees the process of moving and distributing materials. They identify, pick, transport, pack, remove, and dispose of materials. The Material handler makes sure production work cells are fully stocked and have the products they need to fulfill orders. This position requires the ability to efficiently navigate through the facility safely while transporting supplies in a timely fashion. They will often need to use carts, hand trucks, man-lifts, or forklifts to move product.
The position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor at Imperial Blades.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Same duties and responsibilities of the Assembler II
- Coordinates with the Team Leads which materials needed for each cells daily Work Orders
- Reads Work Orders or follows oral instructions to gather materials needed for job completion
- Maintains knowledge of inventory locations, barcoding, and utilizing the mobile scanners when picking or stocking product
- Maintains communication with Inventory Coordinator and Supply Chain team when inventory levels are inaccurate or seemingly low
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, cart, man-lift, or forklift.
- May be assigned special projects and other duties
- Requests are completed with a good attitude and by needed deadlines
- Skills & Qualifications:
- Same skills and qualifications as the Assembler II
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Possess proven mechanical ability or aptitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail required