Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Hand Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing production support as well as managing multiple moderate to highly complex projects. Individuals in this position will provide project management and necessary technical direction to assure successful and timely implementation.
- Support production operations through troubleshooting problems, supporting maintenance, and ensuring equipment is in control.
- Work on continuous improvement projects to increase productivity, this includes any skills as related to project management and vendor relationships.
- Strong knowledge of robotic programming and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of PLC programming for troubleshooting automated systems a plus.
- Ability to use statistical process control to define problems and present quick applicable solutions to key stakeholders to implement change.
- Give direction and training to technicians on manufacturing equipment.
- Familiar with manufacturing quality systems and how to implement corrective actions and 8D's.
- Lead projects by working with cross functional resources to develop and implement new manufacturing processes and automated solutions for Hand Tool manufacturing.
- Ability to conceptualize and work with integrators to develop automated solutions for manufacturing processes, assembly and packaging operations.
- Have basic knowledge in finance to understand concepts of Capital investment, payback, and standard costs.
- Compile information and data to utilize in determining a business case for manufacturing operations.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned operations projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Tracks project schedule to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Schedules meetings, develops agendas, facilitates and documents project meetings.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with minimal guidance.
- Identify project risks and implement risk reduction plans.
- Possess a high sense of urgency and delivering information in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or technical field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in metals manufacturing processes (i.e. Machining, stamping, forging, or assembly)
- Experience successfully managing medium-high complexity projects
- Must possess a high level of Operations aptitude
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to work hands on with the equipment if needed
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools
- Formal project management training preferred