Team Lead - 2nd Shift in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Manufacturing Team Lead for a group of associates. Responsible for work assignments that support an effective lean operation conforming to standardized work procedures, identifying improvement opportunities and working with associates and management to solve operational work flow problems. General duties may include picking, assembling, and packaging. Machine set-up and equipment operation required.
- Able to communicate and train associates on proper use of equipment and safety policies and ensure proper PPE (personal protective equipment) is available for each employee.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in support of lean processes and lead problem solving teams or kaizen events.
- Periodically review work and assess conformity to standard work and critical to quality procedures.
- Resolve schedule problems throughout the day by closely coordinating with necessary departments.
- Ensure appropriate controls (KPI's) and visual management tools are in place and up to date for effective operations within area of responsibility.
- Understand daily expectations of the business and assist warehouse manager in assigning work to team members which prioritizes the workload and equipment schedule to meet both internal and external customer demand.
- Responsible for order management. Provides information to appropriate personnel, including the Warehouse Manager, regarding needed changes and adjustments.
- Able to recognize points of failure in the flow of production and drive to implement countermeasures, escalate or recommend solutions
- Effectively communicate with managers, engineers, technicians and business unit as required.
- Assist warehouse manager and trainer in the training of new associates.
- Able to perform and/or train others to proficiently perform work assignments and help warehouse manager to establish a depth at the area of responsibility.
- Provide performance feedback to area manager on team members.
- Assist warehouse manager in planning OT hours and alert manager to attendance concerns.
- Apply job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of difficult tasks.
- Use scheduling techniques to achieve increased flexibility, floor space and turnaround time by reducing work-in-process inventory and overall lead times.
- Cross-train others as needed to ensure back-ups are available and ready when needed.
* Fill in as needed for absences in the following areas: Product assembly, picking and packaging. Perform machine set-up and operation of equipment..
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
* Help others when you see a need
- HS diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years experience in a production environment.
- Possess manual dexterity and good coordination.
- Possess basic reading, writing, and math skills (including adding, subtracting, calculating. percentages, converting minutes to hours, and performing basic Algebra).
- Possess necessary computer skills to utilize and maintain required manufacturing software systems.
- Possess ability to resolve minor problems, recognize normal and unusual situations.
- Some areas will require the ability to work with manual and/or power equipment.
- Possess proven mechanical ability or aptitude.
- Demonstrate strong multitasking skills.
- Must be quality conscious: Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.