Supervisor - 1st Shift in Greenwood, Mississippi
This position will be responsible for supervising the first shift repair technicians and general labor. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects, 5S, and safety programs as required. Additionally, the Supervisor should be able to develop root cause analysis from data and implement changes to meet Service and Megahub goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and coordinating teams in repair/recondition areas in order to meet production goals and meet required quality, safety, cost, inventory and team objectives.
- Orientate, train/develop, motivate, counsel and assist team members in work instructions, production standards, and the balanced flow of work and problem resolution.
- Responsible for gathering, interpreting, and applying all area data in the MegaHub by working in software, spreadsheets, and team files.
- Perform all related supervisory and human resource functions (work assignments, attendance documentations, incident reports, performance evaluations/counseling).
- Audit daily production reports, resolve paperwork errors
- Audit quality and safety reports and processes to determine cause of issues/problems and ensures necessary corrections are performed to maintain standards.
- Ensure team members are following all safety standards throughout repair process.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Facilitate team meetings and communications.
- Monitor and review budget and forecast and factor into daily staffing, production decisions.
- Assign work and special projects to team members to develop work experience and flexibility.
- Requisition resources (supplies, tools, etc.) and expedite as required.
- Act as backup for all team members including department Manager.
- Contribute to team effort by performing related tasks as needed to assist in overall department goals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years in a production environment
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to interact well with team members at all levels
- Previous mechanical/electrical repair experience preferred
- Experienced with data analytics
- Computer skills required, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Requires a high level of attention to detail