IT Director - Data & Analytics in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The IT Director - Data & Analytics will drive rapid transformation at Milwaukee Tool through data engineering, data analytics, and data science initiatives across the enterprise. A successful Director will create a data strategy that demonstrates the art of the possible and elevates analytical capabilities across the company to enable digital capabilities and future competitiveness. The data and analytics team will be expected to develop and execute a multi-phased roadmap and broad portfolio of initiatives - not only will the Director lead these efforts, but they will be responsible for selecting, implementing, or developing new technologies to enable this vision. They will be expected to serve as the go-to expert on data and analytics capabilities across the business and will work closely with business leaders to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish Data & Analytics vision, strategy, and roadmap for the enterprise. Rapidly expand traditional data warehousing and operational reporting capabilities and develop strategy for capturing and capitalizing on big data, driving predictive analytics, establishing data science, and stewarding IoT capabilities as examples.
- Help establish data governance, data quality, and master data management practices.
- Create a common data framework and enterprise data architecture, democratizing data across the enterprise.
- Build a service model that meets the non-homogeneous needs of the business -- full-service to self-service across the entire data landscape.
- Provide daily guidance to IT Data & Analytics team as it applies to the services provided, including daily coaching and mentoring to IT staff.
- Serve as a member of IT Leadership team reporting to the CIO setting overall direction, establishing standard processes across IT organization, and balancing budgets, resources, and priorities to focus on key initiatives.
- Build, lead and grow a team that can quickly identify and develop solutions to business problems, learn new technologies, and serve as data and analytics experts for the business.
- Identify and scope projects and ensure the successful execution of a portfolio of initiatives leveraging both agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Partner and collaborate with all functions of the company to ensure data needs are addressed and the required data is modeled and available to analysts and end-users.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements with vendors and suppliers for appropriate IT technologies and services.
- Facilitate effective communication with individuals at all levels to deliver business value and adoption.
- Manage overall resources and develop and attract best-in-class IT talent to support organization's rapid growth and increasing investment in technology. Help make Milwaukee Tool an IT employer of choice.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with IT concentration required. MBA, or other Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience required, with a minimum of 5 years of data and analytics experience and 5 years of IT leadership.
- Deep expertise working in analytics with large volumes of data and experience with "big data", predictive analytics, visualizations, IoT, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
- Experience with both on premise and cloud-based tools and solutions. Experience with Azure related technologies (such as Data Bricks, Data Factory, Analysis Services, etc.) as well as SQL, Power BI, and ETL tools.
- Experience with data modeling and data warehouse/data lake design for the enterprise.
- Experience as change agent and data expert elevating the use of data within a business and developing a state of the art data practice.
- Experience working with large, global manufacturing business applying data to solve business problems in supply and demand planning, inventory, distribution, quality, service, sales, marketing, production, and finance.
- Proven experience in formulating global IT strategies and developing multi-year roadmaps, especially for data and analytics.
- Strong financial skills and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies.