Test Engineer - Automation Opto-Electrical in Brookfield, Wisconsin
At Milwaukee Tool (Milwaukee), we strive for operational excellence to deliver best-in-class products that exceed the needs of our end users. We achieve this by cultivating a culture to hire, reward, mentor and grow 'Exceptional People.'
Milwaukee Electric Tool offers benefits on your first day of work (health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k) and an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria as well as a state-of-the-art fitness facility!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design of automated test machines with optical measurement systems.
- Component selection and creation of schematics, layouts, bill of materials, programs, and HMI for automated test machines.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, lasers, and data acquisition systems.
- Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule.
- Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications meeting performance requirements
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical issues to project team or upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving appropriate actions based on priorities tradeoff
- Work and collaborate with other cross functional team members across organization
(marketing, mechanical engineering, firmware, regulatory, and global manufacturing)
- Physical build guidance and troubleshooting for automated test machines and fixtures.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in optics designing and usage.
- Design experience with lasers, telescopes, collimators, cameras, and vision systems.
- Signal processing, data collection systems, and data analysis (National Instruments).
- Uncertainty analysis and calibration competency.
- Demonstrated people and project management skills
- Working knowledge of various motor control systems.
- Demonstrated design of schematics, and knowledge of industry best practices especially for power electronics circuit layout
- Understanding of database systems and communication protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to view issue systemically for driving design trade-off discussion.
- Ability to research root cause and failure analysis
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International)
- High interest in tools of the trade