Senior Firmware Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Firmware Engineer will lead the design of new firmware architectures, applications and libraries to ensure on-time deliver and requirements are met. You will interface with cross-functional teams to understand system design requirements and translate them into embedded requirements.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and refine engineering requirements based on marketing and user needs.
- Lead design and implementation of embedded software systems.
- Peer-review software designs and source code.
- Establish and execute test procedures for software applications and subsystems.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Lead agile project teams through the new product development process.
- Drive continuous improvement of development operations (DevOps).
- Mentor, guide and coach junior engineers.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded C/C++.
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Knowledge and practical experience in all software development lifecycle phases.
- Experience developing bare-metal firmware designs.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer reviews.
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets; basic understanding of digital circuits and interaction between firmware and electronics.
- Demonstrated ability using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Mentoring and leadership experience.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service.
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE.