Continuous Improvement Project Leader - Service in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The CI Project Leader - Service leads the development and deployment of a business process improvement strategy, with a focus on the Service Organization within Milwaukee Tool. The Service Project Leader is a change agent responsible for building a culture of waste elimination by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state, enhance overall customer experience, reduce costs, and streamline activities. This role is responsible for managing multiple, moderate to highly complex and potentially under-defined projects in parallel.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced environment with remote locations across the country. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with proven "big picture" vision, problem solving and change management experience. The ideal candidate will be a strong facilitator with proven process improvement success in various transactional processes including but not limited to operations, IT, supply planning, marketing, finance, and sales. This position will need to influence and motivate project teams that span multiple departments and locations with minimal direction.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Objectives:
- Maintain strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Lead strategic Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, and quick hit projects from definition through execution. Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and communicate the results throughout the business.
- Consistently visualizes entire scope of a project with very little guidance. At times, taking step back to evaluate against business and departmental big picture.
- Develop and execute project plans using strong project management skills. Develop project charters, MS Project plans, and project governance documents. Track project progress. Drive accountability for team to successfully complete tasks, and escalate key project hurdles and road blocks (when needed).
- Schedules, develops agendas for, and facilitates project meetings. Documentation of discussion with action items effectively captured is shared shortly thereafter.
- Track project schedules keeping visibility to team members and stakeholders, to ensure adherence to timelines.
- Collaborate with IT for alignment on prioritization, provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state; work cross-functionally with IT and Finance to understand the organizational effort and financial impacts of these scenarios.
- Works with the business to establish appropriate level of stress/testing to place on a project improvement
- Establish appropriate metrics and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes executive level reporting, management updates, and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up communication and consistency.
- Select and execute appropriate lean tools depending on situation -- VSM, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, DMAIC, PFMEA, Root cause, 8D, and 5-Why Analysis etc.
- Work cross functionally with Training, Service Marketing Manager, and other departments to develop and deliver training to all levels of organization as needed. Build the skills of all functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools.
- Periodic travel may be required up to 25% to support processes, projects and change management in all the Service Branches as well as all major Service Hubs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- Minimum 4 years of experience with business process improvement
- Previous Facilitator and Coaching experiences where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Strong verbal and written communication skills across functional audiences with different backgrounds
- Strong Proficiency in Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping & Kaizen
- Strong Proficiency in Prosci Change Management Methodologies
- Basic IT awareness and proficiency in systematic relationships between various Service Software (ERP, WMS, Service Now, PIM, Sales force, etc)
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced Data analysis skills in MS Excel, Minitab, Pareto, Control charts, Microsoft Project, PowerBI, PowerPivot, and/or VBA
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Prosci certification
- EDI, ERP, WMS, Distribution, and/or Inventory Management experience