Chief Mechanical Engineer - Battery Systems in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Chief Mechanical Engineer will lead & manage multiple teams of mechanical engineers / designers focused on delivering new battery system products to the market. Major responsibilities include full technical oversight, system level design / strategic roadmap planning, and growing an industry leading mechanical engineering team. This includes working in and facilitating a collaborative team environment with marketing, project management, electrical engineering, and global manufacturing operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage & motivate the team to deliver on schedule within cost & performance metrics.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gannt charts, root cause analysis, thermal analysis, critical dimensioning, tolerance stack-ups, large molded part design, FEA, test methodology, stress analysis, and presentation skills.
- Ensure the team is given the time and resources required to succeed by creating and managing robust project roadmaps and resource plans with converged project scope.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate major technical & management issues to upper management in a clear, concise, and timely manner while driving appropriate actions.
- Aid in building & managing relationships with existing & new contract manufacturers.
- Help lead training & continuous improvement efforts of Milwaukee's product development processes and best practices.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field required.
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of highly successful experience in related field.
- Highly motivated self-driver with never satisfied, always improving attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and International).
- High passion for developing battery and power systems.