Director of Sourcing - North America Power Tools in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool nominated as one of Glassdoor Best Places to work in 2020, is hiring! Since the company began in 1924, we have led the industry in developing innovative solutions that deliver increased productivity and unmatched durability. At Milwaukee Tool, we recognize your career path is as individual as you and gives you the resources to make the impossible possible and be a part of something big!
The Director of Sourcing - North America Power Tools is responsible for the development and implementation of the North American sourcing strategy that supports the growth, new products roadmap and overall requirements of the Power Tool business unit. This position has responsibility to lead a team of 15 individuals (both in Brookfield, WI and Torreon, Mexico).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain reliable sources of supply to ensure timely procurement of all assigned goods, materials and services. Implement and manage long term agreements which deliver best in class quality, delivery and total cost.
- Evaluate existing sources for technical capability and progressiveness, manufacturing capability, quality system, management and financial stability, cost competitiveness and responsiveness.
- Research and evaluate alternate sources of supply. Communicate opportunities with cross functional teams and make recommendations for alternate suppliers, designs and materials to reduce costs.
- Request and analyze quotations and bids. Promote the need to share cost break down analysis to aide negotiations of per unit cost, commanding best overall cost and commercial terms.
- Proactively coordinate the selection and qualification process. Influential in driving task completion to achieve aggressive timelines.
- Negotiate and manage complex business agreements and contracts, both domestic and international.
- Actively participate in new product development and manage the purchasing activities involved with initial phases of new product qualification and introduction.
- Initiate necessary correspondence or personal contact to expedite purchased goods, revise purchase orders, effect cancellations, improve terms, resolve disposition of rejected goods and rework costs, adjust invoice discrepancies and rectify other related problems.
- Responsible for coaching and development of subordinates. Write performance reviews and handle all employee relations related issues.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or related technical field. Specific course work in purchasing, materials management, engineering or quality assurance desirable.
- Minimum ten years purchasing or related experience, including proven capability using advanced procurement principles and supply chain management on a global basis.
- Experience with commodity management, finished goods and component sourcing required. Indirect sourcing experience a plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and capabilities, materials, applications and industry trends related to electronics (pcba, switches), injection molding, metal processing (die casting, stamping, machining).
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must exhibit strong negotiating skills and demonstrate proven success.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills are a necessity.
- Seeking an aggressive, determined individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or globally (up to 25%).
- International sourcing/supply chain development a plus.