Senior Electrical Engineer - Electronics Technology in Brookfield, Wisconsin
As an Engineer for Milwaukee you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
Milwaukee offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k matching. Milwaukee also provides an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and design of electronic technologies relating to existing and future product development within Milwaukee Tool
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC power conversion topologies
- Work on 1 -- 2 complex projects per year including topology and component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development and execution of power electronic circuitry based on requirements
- Create new design documents, schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test results
- Use laboratory equipment such as, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate technical issues to team or upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving appropriate actions based on priorities tradeoff
- Work and collaborate with other cross functional team members across organization
(i.e. marketing, mechanical engineering, firmware and regulatory )
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (Preferred: Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronics)
- 5+ years of experience in power electronics design field
- Desire to experiment and prototype with new circuits, devices and concepts, work on new technologies in Electrical Engineering including, but not limited to, motor control, power supplies, battery electronics and charger technology
- Firm understanding of analog circuit design and troubleshooting, semiconductor devices including: BJT, MOSFET, rectifiers for both small signal and power circuits; support circuits such as gate drives, voltage and current transducers and MCU / uC interface circuits; schematic capture, PCB layout software, circuit simulation and knowledge of industry best practices especially for power electronics circuit layout;
- Working knowledge of various SMPS topologies such as: Flyback, Forward, Buck, Boost, Push-Pull, LLC and others
- Familiarity with basic control and feedback mechanisms; C programming and embedded control considered a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to look at the issue systemically for driving design trade-off discussion take concepts on paper to working prototypes on the bench.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International)
- High interest in tools of the trade.