Senior Electrical Engineer - Electronics Technology in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Come be DISRUPTIVE with us! At Milwaukee Tool, our most valued resource is our dedicated team of employees - employees who work with a passion to be the best and an unparalleled pride in their work and in the Milwaukee brand. We know that the only way to sustain growth and success is to value the growth and success of each person within the organization that's why we invest in an individual's growth and development from day one.
All our teams touch every step of the process, that is why our Engineering teams are some of the key contributors to our continuous innovations. The fast-paced, agile environment continuously delivers disruptive technologies by providing every team with the resources needed to excel and working directly with End Users to understand how to deliver heavy duty products with high performance. We create Best in Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and cross-functional agility. To learn more about the Milwaukee story and our company click HERE.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer -- Electronics Technology works cross-functionally to research and design electronic technologies relating to existing and future product development within Milwaukee Tool.
You'll also be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
- Simulate, design, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC power conversion topologies.
- Work on complex projects from requirements and specifications including topology and component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, test plan development and execution of power electronic circuitry based on requirements.
- Create new design documents, schematic, layout, bill of materials, test plan and test results.
- Research and engage with prospective suppliers on selection of new technology.
- Use laboratory equipment such as, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, power supplies, e-loads, and data acquisition systems.
- Effectively identify, converge, and communicate technical issues to team or upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving appropriate actions based on priorities.
- Role model the Milwaukee Tool culture and mentor, guide, coach junior Engineers.
What TOOLS you'll bring with you:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Power Electronics design field.
- Firm understanding of analog circuit design and troubleshooting, semiconductor devices (BJT, MOSFET, rectifiers for both small signal and power circuits), support circuits (gate drives, voltage and current transducers), and MCU/UC interface circuits.
- Knowledge of industry best practices especially for power electronics circuit layout, schematic capture, PCB layout software, and circuit simulation.
- Proficient in various SMPS topologies (Flyback, Forward, Buck, Boost, Push-Pull, LLC and others).
Other TOOLS we prefer you to have:
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering with a focus in Power Electronics
- Desire to experiment, prototype and work on new technologies in Electrical Engineering such as new circuits, devices and concepts, motor control, power supplies, battery electronics and charger technology.
- Familiarity with basic control and feedback mechanisms; C programming and embedded control considered a plus.
- Familiarity with design of and basic tradeoffs involved with magnetic components such as transformers, inductors, chokes, current transformers, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to look at the issue systemically for driving design trade-off discussion take concepts on paper to working prototypes on the bench.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan
- Education assistance
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food and coffee service
- And many more, check out our benefits site HERE