Principal Electrical Software Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Principal Electrical Software Engineer will be focused on developing future technologies for Milwaukee Tool's market space. Responsibilities include evaluation of key technologies and maturity level for target product categories and applications, development of technology to acceptable level for transition to product teams, and establishing and maintaining relationships with key vendors.
As an engineer for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin, and be part of a rapidly growing company. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. Milwaukee Tool offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching, as well as providing an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues, and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment of emerging technology market space and fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives.
- Develop plans to evaluate and develop emerging technology maturity for product development.
- Design and develop prototype systems for evaluation.
- Establish and execute test regimens for evaluation of new technology.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, logic analyzers, and data acquisition systems.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 10+ years embedded software development experience.
- Algorithm architecture, system architecture, flow charts, and feature development.
- High-level app developments, GUIs, and PC apps.
- Knowledge of overall SOC system architecture, stacks, and interface requirements.
- Solid experience with sensor interfaces and driver programming for touch, touchless, IMUs, and audio.
- Mobile app interface.
- Experience and familiarity with SPICE-based circuit simulation and magnetic simulation software.
- Experience and familiarity with embedded communication interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB, MIPI, CAN, LIN, and other serial communication protocols.
- Hands on experience with board bring-up/debug/optimizations.
- Responsibilities include system functional assessment, code optimizations, and problem resolutions.
- Highly motivated to drive in R&D type environment, self-driven, and multi-disciplined.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- C or C++ programming knowledge, Java/Python especially relating to microcontroller peripherals.
- Experience and familiarity with any of the following:
- Machine learning/NLP
- Power management drivers