Senior Electrical Hardware/Software Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be focused on developing future technologies for Milwaukee Tool's market space. Responsibilities include evaluation of key technologies and maturity level for target product categories and applications, development of technology to acceptable level for transition to product teams, and establishing and maintaining relationships with key vendors.
As an engineer for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin, and be part of a rapidly growing company. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals. Milwaukee Tool offers generous benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k matching, as well as providing an excellent working environment that includes an on-site cafeteria, state of the art fitness facility, recreational sports leagues, and company outings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment of emerging technology market space and fit/compliment Milwaukee Tool product initiatives.
- Develop plans to evaluate and develop emerging technology maturity for product development.
- Design and develop prototype systems for evaluation.
- Establish and execute test regimens for evaluation of new technology.
- Use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, logic analyzers, and data acquisition systems.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ years of hands-on board design experience.
- Solid understanding of sensing technologies and sensor testing and integration.
- Board testing, bring-up, analysis, and functional optimizations.
- Knowledge of sensors technologies (IMUs/ACC/gyro, capacitive, altimeter, piezo transducers, strain gauges, hall effect, environmental sensors, IR, thermal, inductive sensors, resistive sensors).
- Knowledge of battery technologies, power system designs, boost/buck-switched and analog regulators, power management ICs.
- Hands-on experience in sensor interfaces and testing (SPI, I2C, ADC, Jtag).
- Experience with bench equipment oscilloscopes, power equipment, and spectrum analyzers.
- Wireless experience BT/WIFI.
- Familiarity with SPICE-based circuit simulation and magnetic simulation software.
- Knowledge of board routing and best board routing RF/EMI layout practices.
- Experience with board stack-ups, flex circuits, and 0402 soldering.
- Drive board functional assessment, data collection, testing, and optimizations.
- Highly motivated to strive in R&D type environment, self-driven, and multi-disciplined.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of sensor interfaces.
- Knowledge of Imager and audio design.