The primary duty of this position is to develop and improve quality procedures, instructions and other processes, as well as enforce product dimensional and performance specifications through testing. The Quality Engineer will also be involved in root cause analysis and process improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and revise procedures, system instructions, standards and work instructions for new and existing products in a startup factory.
- Perform process analysis on machines, equipment and systems to facilitate process improvement and cost reduction. Track process performance and provide feedback to engineering, manufacturing and management.
- Perform performance testing on production products to ensure product meets performance specifications
- Maintain product conformance through performing metrology & metallurgy inspections
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
- Work with suppliers to ensure quality product is being supplied/processed is of the highest quality.
- Work with cross functional teams on continuous improvement activities through statistical analysis and data analysis, such as process capability study, Gauge R&R, process flowcharting, design of experiments.
- Help manage and create corrective action plans to ensure timely root cause/8D analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Participate in reviewing designs of new products and engineering changes with respect to product quality control planning and gauge requirements.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- Track project schedules to ensure adherence to timelines
- Works on projects and continuous improvement initiatives in a self-directed manner
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Three plus years of related work experience or equivalent that includes training in quality engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Supervision experience a plus
- Experience in metal manufacturing and plastic molding (i.e. Machining, stamping, forging, or assembly)