Design Engineer II- Value Engineering and Product Support Engineering in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Design Engineer II's primary role uses highly developed engineering expertise and project management abilities to contribute to the design and development of new products and support of existing products within the Hand Tools VE/PSE group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead tool tear down exercises to identify cost reduction or product improvement opportunities.
- Serve as a key participant in key VE and PSE touchpoints for active NPD projects to identify cost reduction or product improvement opportunities.
- Chief technical resource and mechanical engineering leader on Hand Tools VE and PSE projects.
- Provide clear technical communication to Project Leaders and the Global Engineering and Operations teams.
- Establish test regimens for components and assemblies within area of scope in the project with minimal guidance. Deliver complete data analysis to support design recommendations.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation / mentorship to others.
- Execute or interpret a wide variety of calculations and software aided analyses in the following areas:
- Mechanical stress analysis
- Tolerance stack analyses
- Material selection
- Mechanism development and analysis
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics; Masters preferred.
- 5 years of design experience. Prior experience in Value Engineering or Product Support is strongly desired.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD -- ProE, Solidworks, NX, or similar as well as FEA.
- Experience with FEA.
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required, including a broad knowledge of engineering materials, mechanical properties and an understanding of the manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (travel includes Domestic and International).
- High interest in tools of the construction trades.