Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Job Type: Engineering
Date Posted: 10/12/2020
We are seeking Prototype Machinists for 1st or 2nd shift. We have limited 1st shift roles available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary role of this position is to create prototype components using the latest software and machining methodology, in support of new product development.
- Work directly from CAD Models, sketches and verbal instructions to produce accurate prototype power tool components in a variety of materials.
- Program and post to a variety of CNC equipment using CAD/CAM software for a variety of complex models, dies, plastic injection molds, hydraulic components and gears.
- Recommend design changes or modifications, select allowances and materials, proceed from own concept in the absence of design and specifications as needed.
- Use a variety of precision measuring devices to layout and inspect work.
- This position requires a highly skilled / motivated individual who will be required to frequently communication with our New Product Development Team and maintain schedules in conjunction with safety and quality.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a high school education or equivalent supplemented by an apprenticeship program and 10+ years of applied experience in related fields. Apprenticeship requirement can be offset by work experience.
- A thorough understanding of commonly used machining principles, i.e. Datum planes, tab machining, dimensional accuracy and materials.
- Extensive programming and operational knowledge in one or more of the following machines;
- Hermle Five Axis Mill, Haas / Fadal / Mazak Vertical Machining Center, Mazak Multi-Tasking Integrex/ Nexus CNC Turning, Mitsubishi EDM, Sodick Sinker / EDM Wire, Koepfer Gear Hob, Knee Mills and ID / OD Grinders
- Proficiency in Cad / Cam software is essential to perform assigned responsibilities. CAD proficiency in one or more of the following; Solid Works, NX Unigraphics, CAM programming proficiency in Power Mill Virtual Gibbs, NX Unigraphics, Master Cam or SurfCam software required.