Data Analyst - Service Operations in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool's service experience is a customer expectation and a competitive advantage. As Service grows larger and faster and is more data-driven, we are seeking a Data Analyst to support our operations and innovations.
This position will be tightly integrated with all operational and commercial aspects of Service, as well as its support functions like Finance, Supply Chain, and others. In addition to creating and deploying "single source of truth" analytics, this role will use its knowledge of the Service business and operations to accurately articulate past and present performance, project future activities and results, identify new business and operational opportunities, and provide early warning of issues or concerns. As such, we want a Data Analyst who is business savvy, detail oriented, entrepreneurial, and who won't allow the status-quo to impede on innovation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Effectively communicating and interacting with business and technical personnel in evaluating and solving complex business problems.
- Reviewing historical results and trends, current performance, and future projections and forecasts to develop clear, accurate, and repeatable business models.
- Analyzing and researching opportunities for improvement, and clearly documenting action steps for desired change.
- Interacting with multiple locations, business units, and cross-functional teams to drive consistency and standardization across the enterprise.
- Leveraging both new and existing technologies to create reports, dashboards, scorecards, and visualizations that clearly measure KPIs. Teaching end-users how to interpret and use to maximum effect.
- Working with the end users to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and translate needs into effective solutions.
Education and experience requirements:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, computer/data science, supply chain, or economics.
- Minimum 1 years' experience working with data warehouses, data visualization techniques, & BI development tools.
- Experience working in service or manufacturing environments is preferred.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Excel, VBA, & PowerPivot.
- Advanced-level knowledge of SQL Server and relational data.
- Experience with programming and computing languages; Power BI & R preferred.
- Functional knowledge of corporate finances.
- Oral and written communication skills for presentations to all levels of plant and management teams.
- Occasional travel will be required, up to 10%-15%. Travel is generally domestic and short durations. Destinations can include Milwaukee Tool facilities as well as customer and supplier locations