Additive Manufacturing Technician in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Tool is an industry leader developing innovative solutions that deliver increased productivity and unmatched durability for professional construction users. We set out to completely rethink a solution and deliver game-changing innovation. As a Technician, focusing on metal additive manufacturing, you will be responsible for the oversight and operation of internal AM processes supporting new product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review parts for 3D printing insuring printability and make recommendations for improved processing.
- Material preparation and loading into 3D printing equipment.
- Process control and monitoring of 3D printing equipment.
- Unloading, separating, and cleaning of parts after 3D printing completion.
- Execute other post process needs in preparation for furnace operation.
- Measuring and inspecting parts for quality and performance specification.
- Confirm completion of printed parts and notify requesters.
- Collaborate with other departments during execution.
- Create work flows, processes, and procedures.
- Initiate and monitor lab requests.
- Determine root cause and proposed solutions.
- Maintain 3D prototyping shop; insure cleanliness on daily and regular basis.
- Comply with policies, rules and regulations and reporting requirements relating to safety/heath, performance standards, operating procedures, processes, and training.
- Assist with repair, upgrade and installation of various software and hardware.
- Maintain and operate various types of 3D printers and related technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies and Skills:
- Strong technical knowledge in metal additive manufacturing, particularly binder jet technology.
- General knowledge of metals and metallurgy involving a wide range of metals and metal alloys.
- Familiarity with data acquisition systems, sensor feedback, and controls
- Strong analytical and machine shop mathematical skills
- Ability to read CAD Drawings using software such as Solidworks, NX and Spaceclaim.
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks.
- Excellent problem definition and resolution skills.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Solid verbal and written English language communication skills are required.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs and be capable of utilizing dollies and pallet jacks.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technical school certification or undergraduate degree is not required but is considered a plus.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a product design engineering environment.
- Related experience with computer/peripheral maintenance and repair, printer servicing or similar background
- Aptitude with design tools, computer-aided design, data analysis, and process design
- Manufacturing experience.
- Measurement experience using calipers, CMM, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Eligible to work in the United States