Reporting to the Quality Manager, the primary duty of this position is to develop, enforce and improve procedures, instructions and other processes while also providing wide a variety of process analysis and process improvement activities to internal and external customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and revise procedures, system instructions, standards and work instructions.
- Develop and improve documentation and provide support for product testing.
- Perform process analysis on machines, equipment and systems to facilitate process improvement and cost reduction. Track process performance and provide feedback to engineering, manufacturing and management.
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers in process improvement to reduce process variation and increase process control.
- Work with Engineering and other functional teams on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, Gauge R&R, process flow charting, design of experiments.
- Help manage and create corrective action plans to ensure timely root cause/8D analysis and effective corrective/preventive action.
- Participate in reviewing designs of new products and engineering changes with respect to product quality control planning and gauge requirements.
- Perform process and quality system audits to ensure compliance to specifications and documented procedures.
- Determine acceptance quality levels by means of random sampling techniques, where feasible.
- Track project schedules to ensure adherence to timelines
- Works on projects and continuous improvement initiatives in a self-directed manner
- Conceive, plan, organize and coordinate all phases of assigned special projects to improve efficiencies, simplify workflow and reduce costs.
- Provide/organize formal and informal training, as needed, on statistical techniques and continuous improvement tools, such as process analysis, flowcharting, statistical process control, design of experiments, PFMEA, Gage R&R and other Quality tools.
- Program measurement equipment (CMM, VMM, etc.) and set up data collection plans for SPC system.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Five plus years of related work experience or equivalent that includes training in quality engineering fundamentals.
- Excellent problem identification and resolution skills
- Supervision experience a plus
- Experience in metal manufacturing and plastic molding preferred