Oversees the development and implementation of continuous improvement projects within the returns and manufacturing departments. Works closely with departmental teams to increase throughput, efficiencies, and reduce cost. Ensures the engineering team and other departments work together cohesively. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in all process. Reviews, evaluates, and implements engineering changes and specification requirements. Required to work and assist in other areas of the operation to provide a fully cross-trained management team.
This position is a fundamental part of our operations team located in a fast-paced environment. This individual should be self-motivated with proven project experience as well as leading and mentoring engineers. This person must exhibit a strong drive for continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and technical expertise to team members.
- Oversee returns and manufacturing team to develop and maintain action plans for new tooling, equipment, and processes.
- Create collaborative project communication channels with Returns area, Manufacturing, Quality, Inventory, Safety, DC operations, Production Scheduling, Supervision, and floor operators.
- Develop and maintain Gantt Charts, Project Schedule, Risk Assessment, and Contingency Plans.
- Develop action plans, project metrics, and then measure and report progress of improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver formal presentations to leadership regarding project status.
Returns area, Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement & Quality:
- Research, develop, and implement new processes and capital equipment to improve current throughput, scrap/rework reduction, reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Oversee Continuous Improvement and cost savings projects and coordinate cross-functional resources for these events.
- Utilize Kaizen, Visual Management, Value Stream Mapping, 5S, OEE, Work Instructions, Time Studies, Line Balancing, etc.
- Provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state with a focus on the financial impact of each scenario.
- Ensure changes are fully integrated through follow-up, control and sustainment.
- Manage engineering team supporting manufacturing processes and departmental quality
- Provide direction, training and support to manufacturing quality team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in technical related field or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement programs
- Minimum five years with business process design in continuous improvement efforts; business management skills; process management; and manufacturing processes
- Excellent project management skills with strong execution mindset and history of successful delivery.
- Capability to quickly establish credibility, influence project teams and persuade professionals at all levels.
- Must demonstrate skills in the understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Communication Tools, & Problem Solving
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and logic thinking skills to understand and analyze complex business processes
- Advanced Data analysis Skills in MS Excel and/or Minitab